Monday, March 13, 2017

Project of the Week - Brusho Background

 Hi everyone, Donna here and it is my week to share a Project of the Week for The House That Stamps Built, using Repeat Impression stamps.  I choose creating a Brusho background.



Start by gathering your supplies:  Brusho's, Watercolor paper (cut into fourths, trim later),  Craft sheet or other waterproof surface, spritzer bottle filled with water, and 2 paper towels.
 
 
 
 
Choose 3 complimentary colors, I chose yellow, orange, and blue.  Sprinkle two colors lightly on your paper, you can always add more.
 
 
 
Spritz with water with a light touch until colors begin to blend.
 
 
 
Add third color and spritz again.  Add more Brusho as needed and more water as needed.
 
 
 
Continue to spritz and you can tip to blend the colors.  Area's that muddy, get too wet, or that you want to lighten dab with the paper towel.
 
 
 
 Continue the process until you get the look that you want to achieve.  You can air dry or speed up the process with you embossing tool, it will not change the look but will cause some warping. 

Some people prefer to wet the paper first but I get more control with the method I showed, experiment with both and see what works best for you.

Assemble as desired using scor tape:

I used Repeat Impressions 708-K Rebecca and 4525-K Sunbeams for my card:

10 comments:

Lisa said...

Your brusho background looks amazing, Donna!! I love the mixture of colors!! The image is so sweet and the sun rays are fabulous!! Beautiful card, my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Anonymous said...


Beautiful finished card. You did an excellent job explaining the process.
I think I could even do it. Mom

loz said...

Gorgeous colours and card Donna..Loz

Sylvia said...

Fab card, Donna.Lovely girl and beautiful background.Thanks for the tutorial.

Gr, Sylvia x

Glittered Paws said...

Totally awesome - what a great tutorial, excellent and the card is amazing.

Barb said...

A beautiful card Donna. The little girl image is very pretty and your Brusho background looks super. Barbxx

MaryH said...

Enjoyed this post, and your background turned out great (great tutorial too, BTW). The colors you selected blended so nicely to create the beautiful sky (you can also blow the puddles with a straw or the Ranger spritzer gives smaller, more defined details). The card that resulted is lovely as well. Brushos are such fun. TFS & HUgs

Tammy said...

WOW what a gorgeous card Donna! I love your Brusho background and that sweet image, great tutorial too!
Tammy x

Pia S said...

Thanks for sharing your technique. I like using my brushos as watercolors, sometimes I do make backgrounds I'm happy with, but that's not always the case. I'll try your technique. This background is perfect for the adding that sunshine feel to your card.

Monika Reeck said...

Oh I love the card and looks great with he much yellow to the sun image there
Donna I dont have brushos also never try to do this technique but thanks so much for the tutorial
adorable lady and sunshine colored
Awesome card Donna